Urbania in Italy: 1 – 29 July 2017
Granada in Spain: 14 August – 1 September 2017
DMC offer one of the very few programs in existence that is specifically devised and designed for mature amateur dancers looking to experience a taste of summer study intensives.
Not only is dance great for your body, but it’s great for your mind too. An effective way to stay fit, it’s also fantastic fun. Our summer dance programs are for adult beginners as well as more experienced dancers. Highly experienced teachers oversee our classes and accomplished pianists accompany ballet classes.
Also growing in popularity is our absolute ballet beginner summer program for adults: suitable for those with no previous experience in dance, this provides a “kick-start” to those wishing/thinking of taking up La Dance!
Criteria for entry
Any age from 18+
A degree of fitness is recommended for comfort and safety.
Register now: Complete the online application
Photographs in balletic poses are not required for Adult Courses, although we do need a photograph so we can recognise and greet you when you arrive.
Our programs include a choice of ballet, contemporary dance, jazz and movement classes. Italian and English language classes are also available, as are optional painting and ceramics classes and evening classes in Italian cooking.
- Ballet for Adult Beginners – a kick-start to taking up dance and there is no upper age limit! Suitable for those with no previous experience in dance, it is designed to teach the basics of ballet technique and terminology in a friendly, unthreatening environment
- General open level Adult Ballet – suitable for those with some dance experience to encourage further understanding and development in dance technique.
- Open level Contemporary / Jazz– improves technique, muscle tone and flexibility with an emphasis on enjoyment Please note that detailed correspondence concerning accommodation and travel will only be entered into after students have applied and been accepted.
- Open level Movement – connect the mind with body to improve flexibility and co-ordination with a combination of Pilates, Yoga, Body Conditioning, Floor Barre, and stretching techniques
- Repertoire Workshops – explore and learn choreography from well-known popular dance routines, gaining an insight into the way in which a chorus dancer rehearses.
Monday to Friday
8.30 -13:30: Dance and movement classes
15:00-16:30: language classes
18:30- 21.00 selected /additional classes when scheduled.
Saturday and Sunday – free to explore or relax!
Participation in the Performance Course – please speak to DMC.
DMC reserves the right to make any necessary program changes without prior notice.
- Evening Italian cooking and ceramics courses with one of Urbania’s master ceramicists
- Weekend activities and excursions such as the cave system at Grotte di Frasassi
- Cultural tours of Urbino, Assisi, San Marino- Europe’s most ancient Republic, the beach of Fano and Pesaro.
Urbania – Accommodation is arranged in either self-catering apartments, hotels or with host families.
All host family accommodation and chaperone services provided by our associates in Urbania are now fully booked. Therefore, all children must be accompanied by a responsible adult/parent/guardian.
Granada – Accommodation is not offered. [Students must book their own]
What am I responsible for?
Participants are responsible for their own travel arrangements. We do offer some advice but please remember we are not a travel agency! Please note that detailed correspondence concerning accommodation and travel will only be entered into after students have registered. If you wish to see Rome, Florence, Venice or Bologna our suggestion is that you arrange a visit and do so independently each side of your course and organise your travel dates accordingly. All children must be accompanied by a responsible adult/parent/guardian.